Accreditations and Affiliations
Anderson University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Anderson University.
Policy on Substantive Change Reporting: Anderson University is committed to fulfilling all institutional obligations of its membership in the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges. Among these obligations is the notification requirement associated with any significant change in the University's academic programs or mission. Anderson University has vested the responsibility for notification with the Office of the Provost. The University will provide the Commission with the requisite communication; e.g. letter of notification, prospectus, etc. in accordance with published deadlines for prior notification and/or approval.
Anderson University's programs hold specialized accreditation from the following agencies:
National Association of Schools of Music; National Association of Schools of Art and Design; National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education; South Carolina State Board of Education (Teacher Education); South Carolina Board of Nursing; Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education; and the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Anderson University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs to offer the following undergraduate and graduate business degrees:
- Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Business with concentrations: Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Financial Economics, Human Resource Management, International Business, Management, Marketing
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and the BBA with concentrations in Computer Information Systems and Healthcare Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Organizational Leadership degree is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. It is not a business degree and is not accredited by ACBSP.
All documents related to Anderson University's accreditation are available for viewing in the Office of the President.
Anderson University also maintains affiliations with the following:
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- International Association of Baptist Colleges and Universities
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education
- The Council of Independent Colleges
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- South Carolina Association of Colleges and Universities
- South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities
- South Carolina College Personnel Association
- North American Coalition for Christian Admissions Professionals (NACCAP)
- National Association of College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)