God loves a cheerful giver. Gifts of time, money and talents are all pleasing in His sight. At Anderson, we encourage our students to pursue ministries about which they are cheerful and passionate. Where they can be a blessing to others—and be blessed themselves.
From formal organizations to local outreach to international travel, Anderson offers students a vast array of opportunities for service to others in the name of Christ.
- Our students minister to boys in rough Guatemala neighborhoods, helping them grow into godly men.
- Our students helped build a Haitian orphanage from the ground up.
- Our students support a church plant in Seattle, helping members reach out to the community and invite others to worship.
- Our students serve the Anderson community through demonstrating Jesus's love and sharing their faith.
Our students focus on building relationships with all God's children, no matter where in the world they serve the Lord.
Hundreds of Anderson students participate in one or more campus ministry organizations:
Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
No one sits on the sidelines at FCA. There are no benchwarmers in this friendly, high-energy, evangelistic ministry. Anyone is welcome to come encourage and support our athletes, as well as reach out to others who haven't heard the good news about Jesus Christ.
Reformed University Fellowship (RUF)
What is truth? To try to answer that question, RUF members gather together and worship God through in-depth study of His Word. Students dig deep into Scripture, examining a book of the Bible or a topic or theme over the semester. RUF is the official campus ministry of the Presbyterian Church in America.
Students in Cru enjoy intimate and intentional Bible study, equipping others to share God's Word with the world. Cru focuses on dedicated discipleship, personal connections and one-on-one prayer.
Baptist Collegiate Ministry (BCM)
Come prepared to become a disciple who makes disciples. Student-led worship, accountability groups and community outreach all work together to glorify God and spread the Gospel of Jesus. You don't have to be Baptist to join this national organization; everyone is welcome at BCM. For more information visit http://www.andersonbcm.com.
Other opportunities for service and growth include:
- Area churches – Plug in and grow with a local community of believers.
- Community service – From cooking a Thanksgiving meal for the homeless to taking out garbage for fellow students, there are endless possibilities for service.
- Ministry teams – Offer your talents to assist local churches in areas of need, such as playing in a praise band or teaching a children's Bible class.
- Special concerts and events – Each year Anderson holds several special events, such as Secret Church, in which students learn what it's like to be persecuted Christians who risk their lives to worship God.
- Journey program – When you go on a journey, you're going to be changed. Students participate in weekly campus worship activities to grow in their faith.
- Residence hall connectors – Serve other students simply by meeting their needs, praying with them, having a Bible study and creating close personal relationships.