New York City Uprising Update
This afternoon I spent some great time praying with the leaders of City Uprising via a conference call. Our time together was challenging and encouraging at the same time. We were challenged to the fact that stats need to become people. As the AU City Uprising team makes our final plans for this fantastic mission opportunity, let me challenge all of us to focus our prayers towards the following three areas.
- First, pray for the specific needs in New York City.
- We will be working with over thirty HIV clinics in the city. There is a huge gulf between the HIV community and American Christianity. Pray that during our trip we will see God close this gulf through His love.
- Pray for the public school system in New York City. Our community work will be focused on two of these schools, but there are great opportunities for ministry and sharing the Gospel message in one of the oldest and largest school systems in the United States.
- Pray for the people we will encounter as we move around the city. There are large Jewish and Catholic communities who have little knowledge of or faith in Jesus Christ. Pray for openness to the Gospel.
- Pray for Greg Cruz, a new believer who is HIV positive and wrestles with the darkness of homosexuality. Pray for him as he walks in relationship with Christ and grows in faith.
- Second, I ask that we would pray for one another.
- So far, we have only been able to communicate on Facebook, this blog and a few phone calls. Pray that our hearts would be knit together by a greater purpose than ourselves. Pray for the glory of Christ Jesus to shine through and guide us as we meet next week.
- Pray for our team and the other teams coming to New York. Pray for our travels as groups come from Georgia, Texas, Tennessee and accross the nation.
- Pray for each individual on this trip to hear a mighty word from God.
- Third, Let us pray for the Vision behind City Uprising.
- Pray for Pastor Aaron Coe, his family and his team as they prepare spiritually for this event.
- Pray the scripture Jeremiah 33:9, that God would propel the Church and prosper the City.