Evening/Online Program Application Process
1. Attend an Anderson Campus Event (optional)
Campus events allow you to meet the Graduate and Evening Admissions staff and receive information about the degree programs and financial aid opportunities. The $25 application fee is waived by attending our campus events. Register online by completing our Campus Event Registration form.
2. Submit the following materials to the Graduate and Evening Admissions Office
- Apply online.
- $25 application fee (waived for campus event attendees)
- Official copy of high school transcripts or GED scores (first-time college students only)
- College transcripts from all colleges attended (transfers only) to be reviewed for possible transfer credit
- Employee Verification Form with two letters of recommendation (click here to download)
- Writing Sample/Math Placement Exam (only students who have not successfully completed college English Composition or Math, or first time college students; tests can be taken on AU's campus. Please call864-231-2020 for an apppointment.
- Teaching Certification Conditions and Policies (for students entering the Early Childhood/Elementary Education program, click here to download)
Based on the submission of the above materials, students' applications will be reviewed and an admission decision will be made. Students accepted conditionally must complete additional paperwork (click here to download).
Upon acceptance to the ACCEL program, each student is assigned a faculty advisor to assist in identifying appropriate courses every semester and to serve as a mentor and advocate as your progress to graduation.
5. Financial Aid
To begin classes with no delays, you must complete all financial aid arrangements with the Financial Aid Office and Anderson Central prior to the first day of classes. Applicants who qualify for Veterans Affairs benefits should contact the Registrar's Office for financial information.
6. New Student Orientation
All freshman, transfer, and former Anderson University students who are new to the ACCEL program are required to attend New Student Orientation before the start of classes their first term. First-time ACCEL students taking online classes only will be required to complete an New Student Orientation program online before classes begin.