Sports Information Director
Anderson University (SC) invites applications for the position of Sports Information Director. Anderson University is a comprehensive, liberal arts institution whose 300 athletes and 16 teams compete in the NCAA Division II, within the Conference Carolinas. Anderson University is affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention and candidates with a strong Christian value system and lifestyle are encouraged to apply.
The Sports Information Director reports directly to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for the following:
- All aspects of publicizing and reporting All aspects of publicizing and reporting Anderson University Athletic Events to local and statewide media
- Maintain the Athletic Department Website
- Compile and report statistics to the Conference Carolinas and NCAA
- Produce game programs and quarterly newsletters
- Assist the Athletic Director with special projects
- Fundraising and community development activities
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Assist with transition to the South Atlantic Conference in 2010-2011
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required. Candidates must also have at least two years of sports information/public relations experience, a good working knowledge of sports and sports statistics, and a proven ability to meet deadlines. Excellent verbal and written communication skill, ability to work well in a team, and good organizational skills required.
For full consideration, submit application by May 31, 2009; however, applications will be accepted until position is filled. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Send letter of application, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Director of Athletics
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications may be submitted by email to email@example.com
Anderson University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity within its faculty, staff, and students.