Anderson University and the Office of Residence Life invite applications for the position of Residence Director. Anderson University is a comprehensive, liberal arts institution affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system and lifestyle and a commitment to the integration of faith and discipline are encouraged to apply.
The Residence Director position is a live-in, full-time, 12-month position in an all-female residence hall which reports to the Dean of Student Life and is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for creating a learning environment within the residence hall that enhances the student experience
- Supervise and mentor student Resident Advisors
- Supervise a living area that houses approximately 250 female students
- Coordinate residential learning for the living area
- Manage living area budget
- Address disciplinary and emergency situations as they arise
- Administer the accountability (disciplinary) process for the living area
- Participate in the Residence Director on-call rotation
- Assist with department administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Life
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and experience with Residence Life is required, Master’s degree in Student Development or related field preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well in a team, and good organizational skills required.
For consideration, send letter of application, resume, and references to:
Dean of Student Life
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications may also be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anderson University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity within its faculty, staff, and students.