HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Anderson University invites applications for the position of Human Resources Coordinator. Anderson University is a comprehensive, liberal arts institution affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system and lifestyle and a commitment to the integration of faith and discipline are encouraged to apply.
The Human Resources Coordinator reports to the Director of Human Resources and responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining employee and payroll records in both hard copy and the HRIS/PAYROLL database system. Initiating and preparing payroll and benefit changes for all employees and entering changes into the payroll system for processing multiple payrolls each month.
- Processing all new and exiting employees for payroll and benefit administration.
- Assisting with the preparation of appointment letters, faculty contracts, general memorandums, and periodic mailings.
- Assisting with research and generating the reports in response to various wage and benefit survey requests and departmental projects.
- Conducting benefit reviews with prospective employees.
Candidates should possess a minimum three years of office experience in Human Resources. Candidates should be familiar with general human resource related policies and procedures and be able to successfully apply them within Anderson University’s institutional guidelines. A working knowledge of laws and regulations as they relate to the Department of Labor, EEOC, Homeland Security, and other governing agencies outside the University is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field is preferred.
Successful candidate must have the ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and to maintain and protect the confidentiality of records and information. Ability to interpret, evaluate, and apply complex rules and regulations; conduct research and analysis; and effectively develop creative solutions and problem solving as it relates to Human Resources and Payroll required. An advance level of working knowledge of Windows MS Office applications, Internet, and web-based applications required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Human Resources and Payroll software preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional organizational and time management skills with keen attention to detail required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until position is filled. Send letter of application, detailed resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Director of Human Resources
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications may be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Anderson University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity within its faculty, staff, and students.