ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF INTERIOR DESIGN
Anderson University and the School of Interior Design invite applications for a full time tenure track, nine month position as Assistant/Associate Professor of Interior Design. Position starts August 2013. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates will be student centered, technologically competent, and posses a collaborative spirit. Share the mission of the School of Interior Design and University of service/outreach and engagement.
- Qualified candidates must have a terminal degree in Interior Design, or its equivalent (M.F.A., Ph.D. D.ARCH, M.ARCH)Preferred: Previous teaching experience at the University level and/or high quality professional practice experience (three years).
- Active membership in one or more of the following: IDEC, ASID, IIDA, A.I.A.
- NCIDQ certification or willingness to become certified, as well as, LEED Accredited professional
- Experience with CIDA accreditation process.
Demonstrated successful creative/research scholarship.
- The successful candidate will be able to teach upper and lower level studio/lecture courses in the following areas: Design theory, Proficiency and Expertise in technology : (i.e. latest versions AutoCAD 2013,REVIT 2013,CS6),communication graphics and presentation, Commercial design Specialties: Healthcare, Hospitality, Construction/ Building systems, Codes; Professional Practice, Sustainability and Environmental Design issues; Lighting Design, Emerging Interior Materials, Finishes/Textiles; Residential Design; History of Architecture and Interior Design.
- Participate in academic program development.
- Advise, recruit, and retain students.
- Participate in seeking CIDA Accreditation.
- Collegial/ Collaborative participation and service to the School of Interior Design and university committees across campus to support the program
- Serve as faculty advisor to student chapter of ASID, IIDA, and/or other student professional organizations.
- Participate in scholarly, creative, and/or applied works.
Application Deadline: December 10, 2012: Review of applications begins immediately and will remain open until an appropriate candidate is identified.
Application Process: Candidates must submit: both hard and electronic copies of :Letter of application including Teaching, and/or Design Philosophy; Current Curriculum Vitae; contact information for three current professional references to include: names, postal & email addresses, and phone numbers; copies of official transcripts of ALL programs of study : completed Anderson University application (www.andersonuniversity.edu Faculty & Staff/Job Opportunities) to include Statement of Faith; CD Portfolio or(digital media) of 20 images of professional work and/or students’ work in JPEG or PDF formats (non-returnable); examples representative of research/scholarship/creative activities to:
Anne Martin, IDEC, Assoc. IDA, Allied ASID
School of Interior Design
Anderson University316 Boulevard
Anderson, SC 29621
Anderson University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity within its faculty, staff, and students.