ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL AID PLANNING
Anderson University invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Financial Aid Planning. Anderson University is a comprehensive, liberal arts institution affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system and lifestyle and a commitment to the integration of faith and discipline are encouraged to apply.
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid Planning reports to the Director of Financial Aid Planning. The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting with planning and management of operations within the Office of Financial Aid Planning as well as to ensure proper financial aid awarding to students in a timely manner and within federal, state, and institutional regulations.
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid Planning will:
Monitor and review student files for over-awards, change in aid eligibility, SAP, etc., as determined by the Director of Financial Aid Planning;
- Work with the director in setting/altering awarding policies and strategies and help to update and maintain the Financial Aid policies and procedures manual;
- Work closely with the Financial Aid Planning counselors in the effort to ensure both new and returning financial aid processes are working effectively;
- Package students’ financial aid awards in agreement with the awarding policies approved by the Financial Aid Committee of the College, mandates as dictated by the U.S. Federal Government, and constraints as determined by the State of South Carolina;
- Assist with implementation, integrity, and maintenance of PowerFAIDS and Power Campus software systems and assist the Director with data transfer from campus-based software to PowerFAIDS;
- Responsible for correspondence, routine internal reports, preservation of data accuracy, and file maintenance for assigned programs;
- Attend prospective student functions and present for Admission visit events;
Work with the financial aid staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of awards;
- Assist Director with R2T4’s and withdrawal processes;
Process NCAA award data entry into Compliance Assistant Module and reconciliation as well as mail Renewal/Reduction/Cancellation Letters for all athletic awards annually;
- Assist with maintenance and updates to the website and financial aid documents and literature.
Successful candidate must have knowledge of and experience with federal aid programs and a proficient understanding of financial aid regulations. Ability to work on multiple software systems such as PowerFAIDS, Power Campus, Department of Education software, and Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Access) is required. Experience with online Financial Aid systems such as COD and NSLDS required.
Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred. Candidates should possess three years of increasingly responsible experience in customer/student services and financial aid and a demonstrated ability to effectively respond to inquiries or complaints from students and parents, regulatory agencies, and various members of the campus and business community. Excellent written and oral communication and basic math skills required.
For full consideration, submit applications by November 30, 2012, however, applications will be accepted until position is filled. Send letter of application, detailed resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Director of Financial Aid Planning
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications may be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Anderson University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity within its faculty, staff, and students.