FINANCIAL AID COUNSELOR
Anderson University invites applications for the position of Financial Aid Counselor. Anderson University is a comprehensive, liberal arts institution affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system and lifestyle are encouraged to apply.
The Financial Aid Counselor reports to the Director of Financial Aid Planning. Responsibilities include:
- Award financial aid to qualified applicants;
- Review student files to award or adjust financial aid awards due to change in eligibility, over awards, etc.;
- Engage in departmental training and professional development activities;
- Develop forms, reports, letters, and correspondence to students as needed;
- Provide customer service as needed to all students, families, and faculty/staff;
- Administer the tuition exchange program;
- Attend and make presentations at High School and other public functions as needed;
- Some nights and weekend work required.
Successful candidate must have knowledge of and experience with federal aid programs and a proficient understanding of financial aid regulations. Ability to work on multiple software systems such as PowerFAIDS, Power Campus, Department of Education software, and Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Access) is required. Experience with online Financial Aid systems such as COD and NSLDS required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Candidates should possess one to two years of experience in customer/student services and financial aid and a demonstrated ability to effectively respond to inquiries or complaints from students and parents, regulatory agencies, and various members of the campus and business community. Excellent written and oral communication and basic math skills required.
For full consideration, submit applications by December 10, 2012, however, applications will be accepted until position is filled. Send letter of application, detailed resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Director of Financial Aid Planning
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications may be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Anderson University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity within its faculty, staff, and students.