Admission to graduate studies is conditional upon satisfying certain general standards. The following items must be submitted before a student's application is processed:
- Apply online or download the application form.
- Three letters of reference from any of the following: college administrators, professors or employers. The letters must address the applicant's ability to perform successfully at the graduate level.
- Official transcript(s), showing degree conferral when appropriate, from all colleges attended.
- GMAT score (submitted prior to enrollment in graduate courses if applicable).
- International students must earn a satisfactory score on the TOEFL exam (550 paper, 250 computer, or 75 Internet).
The application form and other requisite information as noted above should be submitted to the College of Business as soon as possible due to the competitive nature of the program but no later than 30 days prior to the beginning of the term in which the student plans to enroll. Student applications, which are incomplete or are missing any of the items described above may not be processed, or if processed, admission is limited to provisional status.
All applications are initially screened by the Associate Dean of Business for general review, provisional acceptance situations, and admission exceptions. Students will be informed in writing of the Associate Dean's decision. Students who are admitted provisionally will be informed of the conditions to be met and of the deadline for meeting them.
Students may transfer up to 6 hours of graduate credits from other regionally accredited institutions. These courses must have been taken within the last six years. Each transferred course must carry a grade of B or better. A "Request for Transfer Graduate Course Credit" form should be completed prior to the student's enrollment in the MBA Program.
Applicants who desire to take a limited number of courses, but are not seeking a degree from Anderson University may be admitted with temporary status and as such are limited to three courses or nine hours. Separate admission procedures for Non-Degree status are as follows:
- Application form indicating non-degree status.
- Official transcripts will be required from school where undergraduate degree was conferred and, when appropriate, transcripts from all other colleges attended.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 560 (paper), 220 (computer) or 75 (internet) is required if English is not the student's first language, and proof of current Visa for International students. International MBA candidates will need to have an interview via Skype with the director of the MBA program before being accepted.
Should a student wish to transition from non-degree to degree status, he/she must complete the full admission process.
Please send all application materials to:
Graduate and Evening Admissions
316 Boulevard, Anderson, SC 29621
Phone: 864-231-2020 or 1-800-542-3594