Degree Completion & Requirements
No period of formal geographical residency is required for the MBA degree.
Statute of Limitations
All requirements for the MBA degree must be completed within a five-year period from the time of initial matriculation into the first MBA graduate level course.
During the course of pursuing the master’s degree, the student must be admitted to “candidacy.” For admission to candidacy the student must satisfy the following:
- Complete all undergraduate requirements if admitted conditionally.
- Have completed at least 27 hours of graduate work.
- Have a current GPA of 3.00 on all courses taken toward the degree with no incomplete grades.
- File a “Graduation Application” form with the MBA office 60 days prior to graduation. Students who do not file their “Application for Candidacy” form at least 60 days prior to graduation may be delayed in graduating.
- The capstone course, BUS 590-Strategic Management must be completed at Anderson University.
After admission to candidacy any changes in the degree plan must be approved by the Associate Dean of Business.
The MBA degree requires satisfactory completion of a comprehensive examination after sucessfully completing all the course work within the MBA program. Students who do not pass the comprehensive examination are permitted to retake the examination one additional time. If a student does not successfully pass the examination on the second attempt, the student will not be permitted to retake the examination and will not be granted the degree.
The minimum number of semester credits necessary for the Master of Business Administration degree is 36, exclusive of hours accumulated to satisfy academic deficiencies.