Admission to graduate studies is conditional upon satisfying certain general standards. The following items must be submitted before a student's application is processed:
- Apply online or download an application form.
- Three letters of reference from any of the following: college administrators, professors or employers. The letters must address the applicant's ability to perform successfully at the graduate level.
- Those applicants who wish to supplement their application with information concerning relevant professional experience must provide the Summary of Professional Experience Form. Official transcript(s), showing degree conferral when appropriate, from all colleges attended.
- GMAT score (submitted prior to enrollment in graduate courses if applicable).
- International students must earn a satisfactory score on the TOEFL exam (560 paper, 220 computer, or 75 Internet).
- Application fee (non-refundable): $50.
The application form and other requisite information as noted above should be submitted to the College of Business as soon as possible due to the competitive nature of the program but no later than 30 days prior to the beginning of the term in which the student plans to enroll. Student applications, which are incomplete or are missing any of the items described above may not be processed. If the application is processed, admission will be limited to provisional status.
All applications are initially screened by the Associate Dean of Business for general review, provisional acceptance situations, and admission exceptions. Students will be informed in writing of the Graduate Committee's decision. Students who are admitted provisionally will be informed of the conditions to be met and of the deadline for meeting them.
Students may transfer up to 6 hours of graduate credits from other regionally or nationally accredited institutions. These courses must have been taken within the last six years. Credit may be given for graduate level courses that are completed with a grade of B (3.0) or higher at an accredited college or university. Students will need to provide a syllabus and/or course description of the course(s) for evaluation and an official transcript. Transferability of hours will be determined by the Dean of the program in consultation with the University Registrar. A "Request for Transfer Graduate Course Credit" form should be completed prior to the student's enrollment in the MBA Program.
Applicants who desire to take a limited number of courses, but are not seeking a degree from Anderson University may be admitted with temporary status and as such are limited to three courses or nine hours. Separate admission procedures for such status are as follows:
- Application form for non-degree status.
- Official transcript of school where undergraduate degree was conferred when appropriate and transcripts from all other colleges attended.
- Minimun TOFEL score of 560 (paper), 220 (computer), or 75 (internet) if English is not the student's first language, and proof of current Visa for International students.
- $50.00 Non-refundable Graduate Application Fee (Waived for Andeson University Graduates).
Should a student wish to transition from non-degree to degree status, he/she must complete the full admission process.
Please send all application materials to:
Graduate and Evening Admissions Office
316 Boulevard, Anderson, SC 29621
Phone: 864-231-2020 or 1-800-542-3594