At Anderson, our goal is to help students enrich their college experience and their lives by providing a caring Christian environment and instilling Christian values through higher education.
For many young adults, no other time in life is as critical as the college years, a time when they make choices and decisions that will affect the rest of their lives. Anderson University has a Christian faculty and staff, challenging spiritual programs, and strong Christian organizations – all of which come together to help Anderson students deepen their faith, share in Christ’s love, and grow.
Because Anderson University is a Christian institution sponsored by the South Carolina Baptist Convention, Christcentered activities are an important facet of campus life. These activities are varied, and all students, regardless of denominational affiliation, can find a means of expressing their faith at Anderson.
- Students at Anderson are given many opportunities to integrate faith with their college experience. The Journey is designed to bring our campus family together to worship with a special focus on the hearts and minds of students, and their relationship with God. Students are required to attend eight (8) events in The Journey each semester.
- A part of every student's core curriculum is the requirement to complete successfully two (2) religion courses - Introduction to the Bible and The Teachings of Jesus.
- The goal of Anderson University Campus Ministries is to present the good news of Jesus Christ in words and actions that are meaningful and relevant to today's college student. Our desire is to connect college students to the person of Jesus Christ in a way that will help them make a lifelong commitment to listen to His call and follow in a personal relationship.
- Every student may participate in Anderson's Campus Ministries. With ministry opportunities available throughout each week, Anderson students find many ways to participate, worship, serve, and lead.
Our Campus Ministries program includes:
- Area churches
- BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministry)
- Campus Crusade for Christ
- Christian Emphasis Week
- Community Service
- FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes)
- Ministerial Vocations Association
- Ministry Teams
- RUF (Reformed University Fellowship)
- Special concerts/events
- Weekly Campus Worship
Other Christian activities include:
- Anderson University Choir
- Gospel Ensemble
- Interim youth ministry teams
- Journey teams
- Praise bands
- Residence hall Bible studies
- Revival teams
- Small group Bible studies
- Worship ministry teams
Campus Ministries encourages students, faculty, and staff to integrate the Christian faith internally, as well as externally to the community at large. Past mission trips have taken students, faculty, and staff to work in NYC, Guatemala, Seattle, and Kentucky. One group meets weekly to provide a Backyard Bible Club for children in a neighboring apartment complex. Students are also encouraged to get involved in service through a local church during their stay at Anderson University.