Current Student Housing Sign-Ups 2013
If you are a current student planning to sign up in housing for 2013-2014, please review the Housing Sign-Ups Information page. This will outline all details regarding the requirements and procedures. The current student housing sign-ups process will take place April 2-11, 2013.
Make your Housing Registration Pre-Payment Here
Upperclassmen Move-In Information: August 2012
UPPERCLASSMEN MOVE-IN SCHEDULE
*No students will be allowed to move in prior to Saturday, August 18th at 12:00pm
Saturday, August 18th
Upperclassmen students may begin to move into campus housing beginning at 12:00pm and continuing through 7:00pm. The morning will be reserved for new freshmen students' check-in. Please refrain from arriving on campus prior to 12:00pm. We will not allow you to check-in during the morning hours.
- 12:00pm – 4:00pm: Campus housing check-in for upperclassmen will take place in each individual living area lobby. Upperclassmen students should NOT check-in at the freshmen check-in site in Abney.
Upperclassmen students who have any type of hold on their student account will be sent to Abney between 12:00pm-3:30pm for assistance. Student will not be allowed to obtain room keys until student account hold issues are resolved.
- 4:00pm – 7:00pm: Campus housing check-in for all students will continue in the Residence Life office. Students will NOT be allowed to check-in to housing after 7:00pm.
We suggest that students make sure they do not have any holds on their student accounts prior to arriving on campus this day. If any student with a financial hold attempts to move in after 4:00pm, they will be let into their room, but will not be able to receive keys until the hold is removed by Financial Aid. Financial Aid will not be available to resolve these issues after 3:30pm.
Sunday, August 19th
- 2:00pm – 7:00pm: Upperclassmen students may check-in to campus housing in the Residence Life office. Students arriving after 7:00pm will not be allowed to check-in until Monday morning when the office reopens.
Students with financial holds on their accounts will be allowed to move in, but will not be issued keys. Keys will only be issued once the financial hold is removed by Financial Aid. Financial Aid will not be available on Sunday.
Monday, August 20th – Wednesday, August 22nd
Upperclassmen students arriving during the week may check-in to campus housing during daily operation hours from 9:00am – 4:00pm in the Residence Life office.
*Financial Aid will be available Monday morning at 8:30am to resolve any financial hold issues.
Things to remember:
- We cannot check in students outside of the scheduled times listed above. Please plan travel arrangements around these designated times.
- Students will not be issued a key if they have a financial hold. Financial Aid will be available from 12:00-3:30pm on Saturday, closed on Sunday and 8:30am – 4:30pm on Monday.
- Students who move into the residence halls without checking in properly are subject to fines and/or disciplinary action.
- Students may not pick up keys for other students. Each student must retrieve his/her personal keys.
- We cannot accommodate room changes during move-in weekend with the exception of emergency or extenuating circumstances
View the current student handbook.
2011 Student Handbook
Locked out of your room?
- Look for any RA in your building and he or she will let you in.
- If you can't find an RA call 864-622-6060.
- Each building is equipped with high efficiency washers. For best results, use only 2 tbsp of HE detergent.
- Want to see if machines are available right now in your building? Click here.
- Want to get a text when your machine is done? Go to the Laundry View site, click on login, then Register Today.
- If you notice a broken machine in your building, please call 800-622-4729.
- More detailed information about campus laundry is available here.
If you have something in your room that needs to be repaired, please submit a work order by following the link below. Once your work order is submitted, a member of the Physical Plant Staff will be assigned to make the repair. Follow these steps to submit a work request.
- Go to the Physical Plant Work Request Site.
- Enter your name and phone number
- Enter the name of your building and click next
- Select your room
- Enter your request and click submit