Upperclassmen Move-In Information: Sunday, August 18, 2013
UPPERCLASSMEN MOVE-IN SCHEDULE:
*Returning upperclassmen will NOT be allowed to move in prior to Sunday, August 18th from 2:00--6:00pm. This is different from previous years. We appreciate your cooperation with reserving Saturday for new students and families to arrive and settle in before your arrival.
AVOID LONG LINES! Check your Fast Track Status here! See if you have any HOLDS on your student account before arriving. By taking care of these issues ahead of time, you will be able to move into your room immediately.
Sunday, August 18th
Upperclassmen students may begin to move into campus housing beginning at 2:00pm and continuing through 6:00pm. No staff will be available for check-in prior to this time. Please refrain from arriving on campus until 2:00pm. We will not allow you to check-in during the morning hours.
- 2:00pm – 6:00pm: Campus housing check-in for upperclassmen will take place in each individual living area lobby. Upperclassmen students should proceed directly to their residence hall lobby for check-in.
Upperclassmen students who have any type of hold on their student account will be sent to the Welcome Center located in Thrift Library between 2:00pm-6:00pm for assistance. Students will not be allowed to obtain room keys until student account hold issues are resolved.
- After 6:00pm: Campus housing check-in for all students will end at 6:00pm. Students will NOT be allowed to check-in to housing after this time.
We suggest that students make sure they do not have any holds on their student accounts prior to arriving on campus this day. If any student with a financial hold attempts to move in after 6:00pm, they will be let into their room, but will not be able to check-in and receive keys until the hold is removed by Financial Aid. Financial Aid will not be available to resolve these issues after 6:00pm.
Do you have a HOLD on your account? Find out by CLICKING HERE.
Monday, August 19th – Wednesday, August 21st
Upperclassmen students arriving during the week may check in to campus housing during regular business hours from 9:00am – 4:00pm in the Residence Life office.
*Financial Aid will be available Monday-Friday daily from 8:30am -4:30pm to resolve any financial hold issues.
Things to remember:
- We cannot check in students outside of the scheduled times listed above. Please plan travel arrangements around these designated times.
- Students will not be issued a key if they have a financial hold. Financial Aid will be available from 2:00-6:00pm on Sunday, and 8:30am – 4:30pm daily beginning Monday.
- Students who move into the residence halls without checking in properly are subject to fines and/or disciplinary action.
- Students may not pick up keys for other students. Each student must retrieve his/her personal keys.
- We cannot accommodate room changes during move-in weekend with the exception of emergency or extenuating circumstances
View the current student handbook.
2011 Student Handbook
Locked out of your room?
- Look for any RA in your building and he or she will let you in.
- If you can't find an RA call 864-622-6060.
- Each building is equipped with high efficiency washers. For best results, use only 2 tbsp of HE detergent.
- Want to see if machines are available right now in your building? Click here.
- Want to get a text when your machine is done? Go to the Laundry View site, click on login, then Register Today.
- If you notice a broken machine in your building, please call 800-622-4729.
- More detailed information about campus laundry is available here.
If you have something in your room that needs to be repaired, please submit a work order by following the link below. Once your work order is submitted, a member of the Physical Plant Staff will be assigned to make the repair. Follow these steps to submit a work request.
- Go to the Physical Plant Work Request Site.
- Enter your name and phone number
- Enter the name of your building and click next
- Select your room
- Enter your request and click submit