- Apply online (or send a completed application) for admission and submit transcripts from all previous colleges
- Submit a written nomination by a supervising employer or senior-level executive in the organization where the applicant is working
- Provide a resume and goals statement detailing one's professional aspirations
- Have earned an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 2.75 or higher, and submit official college transcripts
- Be currently working in a sworn, certified, or professional position in Criminal Justice, preferably in an upper- or middle-management position
- Have a minimum of five years experience working in criminal justice field
Applications will be reviewed by the Command College Graduate Committee, and applicants will be admitted on a competitive basis. Among the factors considered are the applicant’s GPA, the number of years in service, management experience, and the strength of the application packet.
Promising applicants who hold a baccalaureate degree but do not meet the formal requirements listed above may be granted provisional admission. Full graduate standing is granted when these students satisfactorily complete prescribed conditions which may include taking a graduate placement test such as the GRE. They must meet any special conditions attached to their admission by the Graduate Committee no later than upon the completion of eight semester hours of graduate credit. Among provisionally admitted applicants may be the following:
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution who lack undergraduate work considered essential for graduate study.
- Applicants whose scholastic records are below admission standards, and who give evidence that unavoidable extenuating circumstances affected their undergraduate record, but that progressive improvement took place.
Students may transfer up to 6 hours of relevant graduate credits from other regionally accredited institutions at the discretion of the Command College Graduate Committee. These courses must have been taken within the last six years prior to admission to the program, and each transferred course must carry a grade of B or better.
Graduate and Evening Admissions
316 Boulevard, Anderson, SC 29621
Phone: 864-231-2020 or 1-800-542-3594
Online Application: Command College
Campus Event Registration