Interested in Starting a New Club?
Consider these questions first:
- Is there a current recognized AU organization that shares a similar mission or goal? Can your organization work together with the existing student organization?
- Have you made the effort to determine if any existing programs offer similar services?
- Are there adequate university resources (space, funding, potential participants, etc.) to support the group’s activities?
- Are there significant safety risks associated with activities your organization will sponsor?
- Will AU benefit significantly from the existence of your organization?
- Is your organization sustainable? Will it exist after you graduate?
If after considering these questions, you determine that you would like to create a new club, please download and complete the New Organization Packet. The Office of Student Activities is available to assist if you have questions.
Check List for Starting a New Student Organization;
_____ Review Club/Organization Handbook
_____ Complete the New Organization Packet
_____ Create a constitution
Need Help? Check Out: Sample Constitution Constitution Tips
_____ Establish your initial list of interested members (minimum of 10)
_____ Enlist a faculty or staff member to serve as advisor
_____ Make an appointment to attend the next available SGA Meeting
_____ Return completed packet to the Office of Student Activities
Completed packets include:
- National constitution and bylaws if applicable
- Chartering Form
- Advisor Agreement
- List of interested students
- Initial Funding Request Form (necessary for start up funds)