1. Why should I come to Base Camp?
Base Camp will prepare you to begin your journey at Anderson University. Our time together will be filled with a mix of information and fun. You will have the chance to meet other new students, get familiar with the campus, and find out everything you need to know before you start classes in the fall.
2. Where will I stay during Base Camp?
Students will stay with other new students in one of the residence halls on campus. Parents and siblings will need to find their own accommodations. Click here for a list of local hotels.
3. Do I have to stay on campus?
Yes. All students are required to stay on campus in order to experience fully all aspects of our program. If you have any question about this requirement, please call our office at (864) 231-2107.
4. What if I can’t attend any of the summer sessions?
If you are unable to attend any of the Base Camp sessions, please give us a call or send us an e-mail as soon as possible [Phone: (864) 231-2107 E-mail: email@example.com]. We will work with you to make sure you don’t miss any valuable information.
5. What is the cost of Base Camp?
All new students (including transfer students) are required to pay a $100 orientation fee. This fee covers the cost of both the Base Camp summer program and the Welcome Week fall orientation program. The fee will be applied to your student account however if you wish to pay it after registration via credit card you may go here.
6. What do I need to bring?
Please bring everything you need to stay overnight including: linens for a single bed (Twin Extra Long) or a sleeping bag, a pillow, towel, blanket, toiletries (soap, toothpaste, etc.), personal items, and an alarm clock.
7. What kind of clothes should I wear?
Base Camp is a casual event. Please feel free to wear casual and comfortable clothing and shoes. The air conditioning system on our campus works really well (especially in Henderson Auditorium) so you may also want to bring a long sleeve shirt or sweater to put on during sessions.
8. What meals are provided?
Dinner on day 1 and breakfast and lunch on day 2 will be provided for students during the Base Camp experience. Dinner on day 1 and lunch on day 2 will also be provided for 2 guests as part of the Orientation Fee. You may purchase additional meals for family members or friends when you arrive. Please let us know if you will need parent and additional guest meals on your Base Camp registration form. Simply click the yes on the "Dining" option next to each parent/guest name.
9. Will I be able to register for classes?
All new first-year students will have a schedule assigned to them by the University Registrar. During Base Camp you will have the opportunity to view and print your schedule. You will also be able to speak with an instructor from your particular major if you have any questions regarding your schedule.
10. Can I audition for a music ensemble?
Yes, the music department faculty will be on hand to hear auditions on Day 2 of Base Camp. Please sign up for an audition at the Base Camp check-in table. Click here for more information about music ensembles.
11. Will I be able to purchase my parking decal?
Yes, you will be able to register your vehicle and purchase a parking decal in the Campus Safety Office. You may go to this link and register for your parking pass to expedite the process at Base Camp..
12. Do I need to take the foreign language placement test?
At Base Camp you will have an opportunity to take the foreign language placement test. Here is what you need to know about the test:
1) Only those with two years (credits) or more of one language are eligible to take the placement test. 2) The test is ONLY necessary for students who wish to place higher than the default foreign language placement (131 for most students). 3) The placement test does not “get you out of” foreign language, it just lets you begin with a higher level class.
13. Who do I speak to regarding disabilities services?
Students with documented disabilities who wish to register for accommodations may submit their documentation to Dr. Dianne King, director of the Center for Student Success, during orientation. Guidelines for documentation and other information may be found on the Student Success web page. You may contact Dr. King by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (864) 231-2026.
14. Will I be able to meet with Financial Aid?
Yes! Financial Aid will be available to answer general questions and their office will be open Friday and Saturday for you to stop by for any remaining issues. Be sure to plan ahead for your Financial Aid requirements. Use this check list to help you be sure you've completed all the necessary paperwork.
15. How do I Register for Base Camp?
- Click on the "Register" link in the menu on the upper left corner of the Base Camp home page.
- Enter your Anderson University e-mail username and password. Your e-mail username will begin with ACNT\ followed by your first initial, your last name, and then a series of numbers. (For ex: acnt\jsmith1234). This information was given to you in your acceptance letter sent by the admissions department. Your default password will be the last 6 digits of your Social Security number and an exclamation point (!). If you have already changed your password, please be sure to use your new password when logging in.
- Verify that your contact information is correct.
Select your preferred date and T-shirt size and let us know the names of parents and other guests who will be attending with you. Please be sure to indicate if your parents and other guests are planning to join us for any meals.
Submit your registration form.
Please note: If you have not paid your admission deposit you will not be able to register for an orientation session. Please contact your admissions counselor to pay your deposit.
If you have further questions that were not answered on this page, please contact us by phone: (864) 231-2107 or by e-mail: email@example.com