Welcome Week is an action packed program to help you get acclimated as a new member of the AU community. We have an incredible week planned for you that will be jammed full of fun, information, and opportunities to meet your fellow students while providing you with time to get settled into your new home. Welcome Week starts Move In Day August 17th and continues through the following Saturday, August 24th. We ask that all new students make plans to attend Welcome Week. You will receive a final Welcome Week Schedule when you check in on August 17th. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact the Student Activities Office by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 864-231-2107.
Find a current copy of the Welcome Week Schedule here. A final copy of this schedule will be distributed on Move In Day.
Move In Day & Welcome Week Check In
In July you will receive an email link to check your Fast Track Status. This status will indicate where you start your check in process on Move In Day. If you have completed all the check in requirements, your Fast Track will indicate that you may go directly to your residence hall. However, if you have not completed all the check in requirements, you will start at the Welcome Center to complete one or more required tasks before you move in.
Go here to log in and check your Fast Track Status.
- The Welcome Center, located in Thrift Library, is a one-stop shop where you will find:
- The Financial Aid Office
- Campus Safety
(IDs and Parking Permits)
- Health Center
- In order to make the day as smooth as possible, please check in during your designated time based on your housing assignment:
- 8:00 am-10:00 am New students assigned to one of the following areas in their residence hall:
- 100 level room (first floor)
- 300 level room (third floor)
- All Stringer Commons residents
- 10:00 am-12:00 pm New Students assigned to one of the following ears in their residence hall:
- 200 level room (second floor)
- Ground or lower level room (ex. G12 or 012)
- All Village residents (1st-3rd floor private rooms)
- Commuter Students: Please check in between 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You may access a color-coded map of designated unloading and parking areas for Move In Weekend here.
In order to make your check in process as smooth as possible, please be sure to complete the following things before arrival:
Baldridge Reading Program
During Welcome Week new students have the opportunity to participate in the Baldridge Reading Program. If you would like more information please visit their website or to register complete this form.