Transfer Student Admissions
Transfer students are individuals who have earned a high school diploma or an equivalent credential and have subsequently attended a college or university in a full-time or part-time status during a regular semester.
To apply for admission to Anderson University as a transfer student, applicants should:
- Complete an application for admission online. Transfer applications for the fall semester should be received by July 1 and by December 1 for the spring semester.
- Have official transcripts sent directly to the Admissions Office from the registrar of each school attended. You must submit official transcripts even if you do not expect to receive credit for the work or if you withdrew prior to receiving final grades. If you have been previously accepted, you also must arrange for Anderson University to receive updated transcripts for any additional work you complete.
- The applicant will be notified when the evaluation is complete and the applicant will be notified to make an appointment with the College Dean of their chosen major.
- Students who are academically suspended from another college will not be considered for admission to Anderson University during the period of their suspension.
Transfer Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission, candidates should have:
- Earned a cumulative grade-point average of approximately 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Earned a grade of C or better if completed ENG 101.
*If the student has less than 24 hours, high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores must be sent from the high school from which the applicant graduated.
**Student must be eligible to return to the college in which they were last enrolled.
Transferring Credits To Anderson University
- Credit is given for transferable courses successfully completed at a regionally accredited college or university.
- A grade of "C" or higher will count towards your transfer work. Credits earned at non-accredited institutions, non-college parallel programs at technical colleges, and non-traditional programs are evaluated for transfer on a case-by-case basis. Anderson University does not transfer grades, only credits.
- In the Teacher Education Department, Anderson University is obliged by accreditation standards to accept only courses considered equivalents of the courses in the College's approved Teacher Education Program. The Dean of the College of Education must approve all transfer courses for education majors.
Courses, GPAs, Withdrawals, Repeated Courses
All courses taken and the overall grade-point average ratio from each institution attended are considered in the admissions evaluation. Additional consideration is given to the pattern of progress and the number of completed courses that transfer into the intended major.
Scholarships & Grants
Pell Grant: Award varies (Maximum award is $5,550 per year). Available to students who meet financial need, based on FAFSA.
Palmetto Fellows Scholarship: $6,700 freshmen year; $7,500 each following year
Available to entering transfer students who have been selected as a Palmetto Fellow by the SC Commission on Higher Education. Students must earn 30 cumulative hours per academic year and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to renew award.
Life Scholarship: $5,000
Available to South Carolina residents who maintaina 3.0 college GPA and complete 30 credits or more per year. Click here for more information from the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education.
SC State Tuition Grant: $2,600
Click here for more information from the South Carolina Higher Education Tuition Grants Commission.
AU Fellows Scholarship: Tuition Only
A limited number of awards are available to entering transfer students who have been selected as a Palmetto Fellow by the SC Commission on Higher Education, and have maintained the renewal requirements for the Palmetto Fellows Scholarship. Must earn 30 cumulative hours per academic year and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to renew award. If selected as an AU Fellows recipient scholarships are limited by the semesters of remaining eligibility not to exceed seven semesters. Annual renewal amount is capped at the cost of tuition during the first year of enrollment. The tuition amount of AU Fellows awards is based on the cost of tuition for the year the student entered college (not the cost of tuition for the year the student transfers to AU).
Transfer Scholarship: $6,000 per year
Available to transfer students with a minimum 3.0 college GPA.
Transfer Grant: $5,000 per year
Available to transfer students with a college GPA below 3.0.
AU Phi Theta Kappa Honors: $1,000 per year; five awards per year
Available to students who are U.S. citizens, have a minimum 3.5 GPA, and have earned 30 semester hours.
Out-of-State Grant: $3,000 per year
Available to any out-of-state entering transfer student.
Gold Grant: Award varies ($1,000 or more per year)
Available to students who meet financial need, based on FAFSA.
Prospective transfer students from selected two-year technical colleges in South Carolina can find out which courses at their respective institutions will successfully transfer into Anderson University. Click on one of the schools listed below to find out which of your courses will transfer or which classes to take next semester in preparation for transferring to Anderson.
Greenville Technical College
Piedmont Technical College
Spartanburg Community College
Spartanburg Methodist College
Tri-County Technical College
Planning to Attend Anderson?
If you have already applied and been accepted to Anderson, and you're ready to commit to attending, download the Enrollment Confirmation Form below to send to the Admissions Office with your Enrollment Confirmation Fee:
Enrollment Confirmation Form (send with $250 deposit)
If you have not yet applied, you may apply online.
Anderson University admits qualified students without regard to race, age, color, gender, disability, or national or ethnic origin.