Below are some of the frequently asked questions about parking on campus. If you have any other questions, please contact Campus Safety at (864) 231-2060.
- How much do parking permits cost and when do they expire?
- How do I acquire a decal?
- If a friend or family member comes to visit, do they need a parking pass?
- As a new student, where am I allowed to park?
- As a freshman, how do I get to my car and back to main campus when required to park at the Athletic Campus?
- What times will the shuttle service operate?
- If I am a freshman student who has to park in the Athletic Campus, how do I load my vehicle to go home?
- When may I park without a parking permit?
- May I purchase a permit for just one semester?
- Do I have to place my decal on my bumper?
- What type of decal will I get?
- If I receive a parking ticket, where do I pay it?
- How many parking tickets can I receive?
- How much are parking tickets?
How much do parking permits cost and when do they expire?
The cost for parking decals is $80.00 for all traditional upperclassmen resident and commuter students. Freshmen decals are $25.00. Adult and graduate students, who normally attend evening classes, pay $40.00. Permits are valid from August 1 of each year to August 1 of the following year.
How do I acquire a decal?
Students who will be parking vehicles on campus will be required to register those vehicles for parking decals at the Campus Safety Office. Payment will be accepted at the Campus Safety Office by credit or debit card where the decal will be issued. Payment by check or cash for a decal must be made at Anderson Central. The receipt for this payment is then brought to the Campus Safety Office where the decal shall be issued. Students must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance to have and register a car on campus. When receiving their decal, students will be given information about where they are permitted to park.
If a friend or family member comes to visit, do they need a parking pass?
Yes, they must register their vehicle with the Campus Safety Office located on Kingsley road at the main entrance of the university. This department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for your convenience. All visitors will be told where to park.
As a new student, where am I allowed to park?
All incoming freshmen resident students will park at the Athletic Campus. Any incoming freshmen commuting students will be considered as Commuters and issued a "C" decal.
As a freshman, how do I get to my car and back to main campus when required to park at the Athletic Campus?
Campus Safety is providing a shuttle service that is scheduled to pick up students needing access to the Athletic Campus for both classes and parking. There are multiple stops on the main campus and a primary stop at the Athletic Campus for students to get on and off.
What times will the shuttle service operate?
The shuttle service will be running from 7:30 AM to 11:00 PM Monday through Friday. The shuttle service will resume at 5 p.m. Sunday nights until 11:00 p.m. Freshmen are allowed to park on the main campus during the weekends unless otherwise notified. Special shuttle requests may be made by calling the posted shuttle telephone number or the Campus Safety Office.
If I am a freshman student who has to park in the Athletic Campus, how do I load my vehicle to go home?
There will be designated loading zones at each residence hall area. The loading zones are 15 minute parking only and will be strictly enforced. Should you need longer than 15 minutes to load your vehicle, please call Campus Safety and request more time. If you are in the appropriate loading zones and obey the time limits, you will not receive a traffic citation. If the loading zones are full, call Campus Safety to request special permission to load and unload your vehicle outside the specified loading areas.
When may I park without a parking permit?
Never, parking permits are required 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Visitors require a parking permit as well. They need to stop by the Campus Safety Office to receive a temporary parking pass at no charge.
May I purchase a permit for just one semester?
No, parking permits are for the entire academic year and are not sold by semester.
Do I have to place my decal on my bumper?
Parking decals must be permanently affixed to either the left rear bumper or on the left rear window.
What type of decal will I get?
Freshman will be issued an "F" decal and will only be allowed to park at the Athletic Campus from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Commuter students will receive a "C" decal; this will allow parking in the Commuter parking lots. Resident students will receive an "R" Decal; this will permit students to park in the inner campus resident parking lots and overflow areas, except for freshmen. "B" decals will be for the residents of Boulevard Residence Halls, except for freshmen. "S" decals are for the Stringer Commons residents, except for freshmen.
Faculty and Staff will receive a Faculty/Staff Decal. Contractors will receive a Contractor Pass. Visitors will be issued a Visitor Parking Pass. Cars with Commuter ("C") decals, Freshman ("F"), Resident ("R"), Boulevard ("B") and Stringer ("S") decals may park in Faculty and Staff (yellow) parking spaces from 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 a.m. the following morning, Monday through Friday only, unless otherwise posted. Parking in Faculty/ Staff spaces on the main campus is permitted on weekends from 4:30 p.m. on Friday until Monday at 7:30 a.m. Parking in spaces marked as reserved is prohibited. Handicapped parking laws are strictly enforced on campus. Q. If I receive a parking ticket, where do I pay it?
If I receive a parking ticket, where do I pay it?
Parking tickets, with remittance, are to be paid at the Campus Safety Office Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.. You can pay with a debit card, credit card, and direct charge to the your student account. Payments by cash or check need to be made at Anderson Central and the receipt brought to Campus Safety with the citation.
How many parking tickets can I receive?
You are limited to (5) parking tickets during the entire academic year. If you have (3) unpaid tickets, your vehicle will be booted which will immobilize your vehicle. The boot will not be removed from your vehicle until all tickets are paid. Once you have (5) paid or unpaid parking tickets, your vehicle booted again. If you receive two boots during the academic year, your parking privilege will be revoked for that academic year. You will not be allowed to operate a vehicle on the University property during this time. If your vehicle is located on the campus, it will be towed.
How much are parking tickets?
Parking tickets range in cost depending on the violation. The individual violation costs are listed on the citation. If parking tickets are paid within five days, the cost of the fine will be reduced by fifteen dollars.
Visitors are always welcome on campus. Please stop by the Campus Safety Office to get a free parking pass.
Students driving a different car than their AU registered vehicle can obtain a free temporary parking pass at the Campus Safety Office. Campus Safety enforces all of the parking regulations on campus. Any citations received on campus should be paid at the Campus Safety Office. Appeals can be made by following the instructions at the bottom of the citation.
Campus Safety and Physical Plant vehicles are exempt. All other vehicles are subject to being towed away at owner's expense. Designated parking stalls are the only authorized parking spaces.
Please do not stop, park, or leave standing any vehicle, unattended, in any of the following places, or conditions:
- Yellow Zones means no parking or stopping at any time.
- Fire Lane/ Hydrant: No parking or stopping at any time (Tow Away Zones).
A. Fire Hydrant: No parking within 18 feet of hydrant.
- Blue Zones (whether marked with a sign or not) are reserved for handicapped parking only, and require a handicap ID placard. User must be in possession of a DMV Placard.
- Designated Faculty/Staff parking (the yellow spaces): No student shall park in areas posted and reserved for Faculty/Staff. (7:30 AM- 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday)
- Visitors Parking: No student, faculty, or staff member shall park in a parking area or space designated for Visitors. (8 AM- 4 PM, Monday - Friday)
- Sidewalk, dirt, lawn, or Landscaped areas may not be used for parking, deliveries, loading, or unloading.
- Vehicles must park within a marked space and never occupy more that one space.
- Motorcycles, Moped, Scooters, and Bicycles must park in designated spaces assigned for those vehicles.
- Unattended Bicycles must be secured with a sturdy lock, or inside living quarters. No storage is permitted in stairwells, or hallways (immediate removal/loss of locking devices).
For more information you can send us an email or call us at (864) 231-2060