The School of Interior Design at Anderson University invites applications for a full-time, nine-month position as Assistant/Associate Professor of Interior Design beginning in August 2020. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply. Faculty rank and status will be determined at the time of appointment based upon degrees, experience, and record of scholarship.
The largest private university in South Carolina, Anderson University is an innovative and entrepreneurial comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. AU is one of just a handful of universities in the world to be receive of Apple's Distinguished School recognition three times. In addition to being named as one of the best Southeastern Colleges by the Princeton Review, AU was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the #2 Regional College in the South with a Strong Commitment to Teaching. We are located in South Carolina’s Upstate region, a growing and thriving community with award-winning public schools with convenient access to major cities and year-round outdoor recreation. We seek to attract culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, active in the scholarship of teaching, discovery, application, and integration of faith.
The School of Interior Design is one of only nine Christian Universities in the country with an Interior Design degree. The program is comprised of a community of diverse, award-winning, stellar, talented students who are recruited both nationally and internationally by the top Interior Design and Architecture firms for Internships and Employment. The School of Interior Design is intentional with enforcing
the Mission Statement “to create an environment for aspiring designers to rigorously engage in student centered learning by providing a strong professional foundation in Interior Design within the context of a liberal arts education in a Christian community. Specially, the curriculum seeks to foster the development of the technical processes, conceptual and perceptual skills, creative problem solving, project management and professional ethics essential for graduates to practice interior design with a global perspective in a world market. Additionally, the program’s mission is to remain central to the purpose of Anderson University, to focus on the development of character, servant leadership, and cultural engagement within a diverse community.”
- Successful candidates will be student centered, technologically competent, and posses a collaborative spirit.
- Qualified candidates should have a terminal degree in Interior Design, or its equivalent (M.F.A., Ph.D., or M. Arch)
- Preferred: Previous teaching experience at the University level and professional practice experience desirable (two years).
- Engagement and active membership in one or more of the following: IDEC, ASID, IIDA, A.I.A.
- NCIDQ Certification, LEED-AP, or Well- AP
- Experience with CIDA accreditation and adherence to NASAD.
- The successful candidate will be able to teach upper and lower level studio/lecture courses in the following areas: Design theory, Human Centered Design, Proficiency in digital presentation applications: (latest versions 2020 of Autodesk: AutoCAD Architecture, REVIT, Sketch UP, Adobe Creative Suite), Communication graphics and presentation methods, Commercial Design Specialties, Construction/ Building systems, Codes; Sustainability and Environmental Design issues; Lighting Design, Construction Documentation Emerging Interior Materials, Finishes/Textiles; History of Architecture Interiors, Furniture.
- Participate in academic program development.
- Assist with student advisement, recruitment, and retention
- Collegial participation and service to the School of Interior Design and university committees.
- Serve and assist with the student chapter of ASID, IIDA, and/or other student professional organizations.
- Participate in scholarly, creative, and/or applied works.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2020: Review of applications begins immediately and will remain open until an appropriate candidate is identified.
Application Process: Candidates should submit the following: letter of application; teaching, and/or design philosophy; evidence of teaching success; selective portfolio of 5-10 examples/images of professional work and/or students’ work; examples representative of research/scholarship/creative activities; Curriculum Vitae; contact information for three current professional references to include names, email addresses, and phone numbers; copies of official transcripts; completed Anderson University application Faculty & Staff/Job Opportunities https://andersonuniversity.edu/sites/default/files/hr/job/faculty-application-1.pdf) to include Statement of Faith send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dean, School of Interior Design
Anderson, SC 29621