Anderson University invites applications for Dean of the School of Public Service and Administration. The University seeks a visionary individual with a strong, Christian value system, lifestyle and commitment to the integration of faith and learning to build upon current programs to reach higher levels of achievement. This is a full-time, twelve-month position; the start date is negotiable. Faculty rank and status will be determined at the time of appointment based upon academic qualifications, experience in leadership and record of scholarship. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier, comprehensive university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
The successful candidate will have a terminal degree and applied experience in the field of public service and administration, including budgetary oversight and demonstrated success in managing and leading personnel. Preference will be given to those with teaching experience at both the undergraduate and undergraduate levels. The School of Public Service and Administration currently serves traditional students, adult students and graduate students. The school offers the following degrees: Bachelor of Criminal Justice and Bachelor of Homeland Security and Emergency Services for traditional and adult students, and the Master of Criminal Justice for working professionals.
- Set a vision and strategy for the school that reflects the University’s strategic initiatives
- Reflect the values of the University in professional relationships
- Partner with enrollment management for student recruitment
- Maintain effective communication with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Provide leadership in curricular development, program assessment, budget management and resource development
- Guide the hiring and evaluation of faculty and support the professional development of faculty members
- Provide support for institutional and regional accreditation activities
- Enhance current relationships with external entities, law enforcement agencies, judicial system representatives and other sources of support for the programs, including those who may provide potential employment for graduates of the school
Essential Knowledge and Skills
An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution is required. The discipline of the advanced degree will be in a broad field of study related to Public Service and Administration. The degree and professional experience of the candidate will provide appropriate preparation for teaching and leadership of the school.
To ensure full consideration, please send electronic versions of a letter of application, curriculum vita, statement of teaching philosophy, unofficial transcripts, at least three references complete with contact information and a completed Anderson University Faculty Application to:
Office of the Provost
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications are currently under review and will be accepted until the position is filled.