Anderson University and the Office of Church Relations invite applications for a part-time position as Administrative Assistant, Church Relations. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The university seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Vice President for Church Relations and, as time allows, provide administrative and/or event support for Campus Ministries.
- Provide administrative support to the Office of Church Relations (CR), including assistance with events.
- Maintain data files for Church Relations, including Christian Ministry Foundation (CMF) and Ministerial Board of Visitors (MBV).
- Manage scholarship processing and records for the CMF Scholarships and MBV Scholarships, including interaction with Office of Financial Aid, Business Office and other related departments/offices.
- Assist Marketing with CR and CMF webpages on the Anderson University website.
- Serve as receptionist and host in the Office of Church Relations, including scheduling of appointments, and communicating by phone and email with boards, churches and other guests.
- Assist in developing and maintaining marketing materials for CR, including Admission materials and AU print shop materials.
- Attend and assist with CMF banquets.
- Manage office supplies and requisitions.
- Assist Campus Ministries with administrative needs.
- Assist VP for Church Relations in meetings when called upon.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite word-processing and spreadsheet software, Razors Edge and PowerCampus) required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and organizational and time management skills with keen attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently and also work well on a team.
- A strong commitment to quality relationships, warmth, excellence, and Christ-like service is essential.
- Must have a mature and gracious Christian faith.
- Commitment to the academic and Christ-focused mission of Anderson University is essential.
- The ability to work in a professional and confidential manner with all staff, students, parents, along with the South Carolina Baptist Convention (SCBC), associations and churches, as well as the public.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three professional references and a completed Anderson University Staff Application electronically via email@example.com.