Anderson University’s Office of Information Technology invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month position as Applications Programmer. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The University seeks a candidate with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
We want to hear from programmers who are looking to use their technical and problem-solving skills, and the creative talents they have to make a positive impact for the campus family. Our team develops and maintains web applications, reports, and iOS apps, and sets up data exchanges to help the University and, more importantly the students and employees in it, do their jobs more efficiently. You will get to work closely with lots of different areas of the campus and help guide them through dreaming up new applications and walk them through improving some of the apps they currently use. We’ll plan as a team from back-end to front-end, and you will then get to showcase your gifts and bring those concepts to life.
Your essential skills should include:
- You work and collaborate well with others.
- You write clean, readable code.
- You work well independently and as part of a team.
- You write efficient SQL including stored procedures and views.
- You like to learn new things.
- You like to implement the new things you have learned.
- You have at least two years of related experience in applications programming or a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
You are talented with:
- ASP.NET MVC and Web Forms (C#)
- iOS Swift
- RESTful APIs and JSON
Bonus Information and Experience:
- Your GitHub.com profile link
- Ubuntu Linux and Apache
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Azure
To ensure full consideration, please send your resume (if applicable, include a link to your GitHub profile), a letter of application, contact information for three references and an Anderson University Staff Application to:
Jason Ritchie, Director of Information Services
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications by email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submissions are preferred.