Anderson University’s Athletic Department invites applications for the full-time position of Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing & Event Management. The University seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system and lifestyle. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention whose 300 athletes and 16 teams compete in the NCAA Division II, within the South Athletic Conference.
The primary responsibilities for this position includes marketing and event management for all sports at Anderson University, supervision of the cheerleading squad, and the development and implementation of an AU Athletics marketing and communication plan, as well as the support materials and services for all sports in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. This position must also exercise discretion and independent judgment in matters of significance as well as coordinate and implement procedures for all athletic event management at Anderson University.
- Leadership, oversight, responsibility and implementation of all sports marketing for the entire athletic department.
- Instruct, monitor and evaluate the marketing programs for all sport teams, with a special emphasis given to each sport.
- Ensure fundamental instruction and implementation of the Trojan Club initiatives and events, as well as other general athletic events by utilizing student workers, volunteers, board members, coaches, etc. to ensure a premiere NCAA Division II experience.
- Ensure and teach proper measures and proper oversight of handling of monies regarding ticket sales and donations/gifts to either the Trojan Club or the Anderson University Athletic Department.
- Communicate and collaborate with head coaches on a regular basis to facilitate scheduling, organizing and promotional needs and goals of their respective sport programs.
- Design, implement, teach and demonstrate team and individual marketing opportunities to promote Anderson University Athletics.
- Provide information and oversight in support of the Vice President for Athletics on yearly budget and purchasing for the Trojan Club and Athletic Department regarding facility and equipment needs.
- Manage the Athletic Department brands and ensure proper use by the entire division.
- Constantly work to enhance the social media presence of the Trojan Club and Anderson University Athletics programs and lead all marketing pieces through all social media platforms in partnership with the Sports Information office.
- Comply with all NCAA, South Atlantic Conference, and institutional rules as they relate to the Department of Athletics.
- Provide a positive and motivating work environment and culture within Athletic Marketing and Event Management
- Provide presentations to student-athletes and parents during on-campus recruiting visits, as well as all Trojan Club, Trojan Army, or Athletic related events.
- Positively and effectively communicate with all student-athletes, coaches, staff, faculty, prospective student-athletes and their families, alumni, supporters and friends of the program.
- Coordinate, oversee and supervise event staffing for all athletic events.
- Supervise the Cheer program and all cheerleading activities.
- Actively serve as a member of the AU Athletic leadership and serve as a needed representative for game management and campus-wide athletic representation.
- Develop and steward a strong partnership with the university Marketing and Communication office.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with collegiate athletic programs and higher educational institutions
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent phone skills, social skills and organizational ability.
- Understand the confidentiality of the work.
- Understand and appreciate the Christian nature of the institution.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of NCAA Rules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a similar field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in the field of Sports Marketing or Event Management preferred.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and a completed Anderson University Staff Application to: