Anderson University’s Financial Services invites applications for a full-time position as Assistant Director of Operations. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The University seeks applicants with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Services, assists with the everyday operations of the office ensuring top quality customer service to all students who seek assistance from the Office of Financial Services. Manages systems used, including PowerFaids, Power Campus and data integration; disbursements; reconciliation and website content. Supervises the Operations staff.
- Manages the setup and use of PowerFaids and collaborates with other areas of campus to ensure efficient operations of PowerFaids and Power Campus. Create new technical processes as needed to ensure operations stay current with State and federal requirements.
- Responsible for updating registered/confirmed hours and anticipated aid and disbursements from PowerFaids.
- Manages the Operations staff, reconciliation, reporting to COD, and the R2T4 process to ensure timely calculations and return of funds.
- Insures compliance and conducts internal reviews for quality assurance of all financial aid activities including loan processes, import/export processes, reconciliation and funds distribution.
- Provides ongoing staff development and training on PowerFaids and Power Campus. Keeps all processes well documented.
- Responsible for website and self-service (portal) content/updates
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Represent the department on committees or at meetings as assigned.
- Conduct public presentations related to financial aid and financial literacy.
- During high-volume times, performs the duties of other professional staff in the office.
- Attend high school presentations as requested.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters preferred.
- 3 years minimum increasingly responsible experience in customer/student services and financial aid.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations and general business publications.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from students and parents, regulatory agencies, and various members of the campus and business community.
- Basic mathematical skills include: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to perform these operations using units of American currency, weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Understanding of financial aid regulations.
- Ability to work on multiple software systems such as PowerFAIDS, Power Campus, Department of Education systems, and Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Word).
To ensure full consideration, please submit a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references, and a completed Anderson University Staff Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org