Anderson University’s Office of Residence Life invites applications for a part-time, live-in position as Assistant Residence Director. Anderson University is an innovative and entrepreneurial comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
The Assistant Residence Director (ARD), under the supervision of the Director of Residence Life is a 10-month (mid July-mid May), part time, live-in position that is responsible for the creation of a meaningful residence life experience for students in a particular living area. This will include living area supervision, program development, housing management, student mentorship, crisis management, and student leadership training. The ARD is primarily an educator with a developmental philosophy, committed to helping residential students bridge their academic and interpersonal worlds. The ARD will also assist with various duties within the central Residence Life Office.
- Responsible for programming budget and management of living area funds.
- Assist in implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Ensure safety and adherence to University policies.
- Direct, train, and support Resident Advisor (RA) staff.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings and one on one meetings with Resident Advisors.
- Oversee the implementation of both educational and social programming within the living area.
- Serve as role model for RAs and residents within the living area.
- Maintain a presence in living area.
- The ARD will be assigned two on call weeks during each semester
- Serve on committees for the planning and execution of events.
- Oversee the department social media accounts to ensure that fresh content is delivered on a weekly basis.
- Assist with RA selection, training, and development.
- Assist with the housing assignment process.
- Provide clerical support within the Central Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
In order to fulfill his or her responsibilities, the ARD must be a part of the campus community. This includes living in campus housing, eating meals in campus dining venues, and participating in campus events. The ARD will be provided with an apartment in one of the campus living areas and a campus meal plan. A strong commitment to quality relationships, warmth, excellence, and Christ-like service is essential. Must have a mature and contagious Christian faith. Commitment to the academic and Christ-focused mission of Anderson University is essential. Must be able to work with a diverse student population and demonstrate a commitment to the holistic development of students. The ability to work in a professional and confidential manner with all staff, students, parents, and the public is essential.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and an Anderson University Staff Application to:
Jon Gropp, Dean of Student Life
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications by email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Electronic submissions are preferred.