Anderson University’s Campus Safety Office invites applications for a full-time position as Campus Safety Officer. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The university seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
Under the supervision of the Director of Campus Safety, candidates should be prepared to perform duties to ensure the safety and security of students, employees and guests on the Anderson University campus while keeping the university’s vision, mission and values. Candidates should also be prepared to patrol campus on foot and by vehicle to maintain good order and discipline on the campus with the objective to be helpful, responsive, and serve as an important university resource.
- Performs routine patrols within the boundaries of the university.
- Enforces parking regulations and assist in event parking management.
- Responds to emergencies.
- Maintains detailed and confidential duty log entries and file necessary reports.
- Provides directions and assistance to students, employees, and guests.
- Locks/unlocks university buildings as per the buildings schedule or as needed.
- Operates various safety systems utilized on campus (fire detection, camera, card access, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assists with special functions on campus as directed.
- Assists other departments on campus as needed.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
Must maintain the highest level of courtesy at all times. A working knowledge of computers systems and basic clerical skills is required. Must acquire and maintain SLED security officer certification. Must possess good verbal and communications skills. Proficient comprehension of written and verbal instructions is required.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit letter of application, resume, names and telephone numbers of three professional references and a completed Anderson University Staff application electronically to Gail Tollison, Office Manger, Facilities via: