Anderson University’s, Center for Career Development invites applications for a full-time position as Administrative Assistant. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day management of administrative activities for the Center for Career Development. The Administrative Assistant assists office staff with administrative duties related to the CCD and the Quality Enhancement Plan.
- Maintains the day-to-day operation of the CCD office and creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere for visitors to the office.
- Supports office staff by scheduling appointments, answering the phone, coordinating arrangements for meetings and conferences, filing, monitoring student workers, and other administrative duties.
- Oversees the day-to-day organization of functions of the departments and ensures the coordination of operations with department directors and personnel within the Student Development department.
- Processes and maintains accurate documentation of all paperwork sent from and received into the office.
- Works with various constituencies to plan and coordinate career fairs, on-campus recruitment opportunities, and career related events throughout the year.
- Works with office staff to create a peer mentor program.
- Works with office staff to collect and compile data to support First Destination Survey data.
- Serves as lead in marketing Center for Career Development on-campus, AU website, and social media.
- Assists in the development of print, electronic, and social media related to career development.
- Meets with students as needed to review cover letters, resumes, and prepare for interviews.
- Works with office staff to provide educational workshops for students, which may include, but are not limited to internship and job search strategies.
- Provides assistance with office-wide projects aimed at sustaining existing recruitment programs and enhancing employer outreach efforts.
- Assists Student Development team members with assigned projects.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- One to two years of work related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited college or university.
- Exceptional working knowledge of word-processing and spreadsheet software is essential. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs and database software is preferred. Knowledge of web design software a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. Organizational and time management skills and attention to detail are required. Ability to work as part of a team is essential.
- Ability to create a warm and welcoming office atmosphere and to analyze and solve problems as they relate to the Center for Career Development.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive job-related information including student records.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, professionalism as well as presentation skills.
- A strong commitment to quality relationships, warmth, excellence, and Christ-like service is essential.
- Must have a mature and contagious evangelical Christian faith.
- Commitment to the academic and Christ-focused mission of Anderson University is essential.
- Must be able to work with a diverse student population and demonstrate a commitment to the holistic development of students.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit a letter of application, completed application, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references electronically to: