Anderson University’s Center for Innovation invites applications for a full-time position as Chief Information Officer. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
Anderson University has a history as a technological leader amongst comprehensive, liberal arts institutions. Anderson is ranked as the #7 Most Innovative university in its region and has twice been named an Apple Distinguished School. This distinct university seeks a CIO that will provide strategic leadership aligned with the university’s mission and goals and dynamic and forward-looking leadership for a complex portfolio of services. Those services include technical infrastructure, network, user support functions, enterprise systems and application services, telecommunications, and data integrity and security. In addition, the CIO will create a positive and creative environment in which technology professionals provide innovative IT solutions that address the complex needs of the institution.
- Develops strategic initiatives to support and enhance technology at the university
- Proactively anticipates IT challenges and develop solutions
- Develops and manages IT budget
- Supervises IT department personnel
- Assists all administrative departments in the selection and utilization of campus technology, and in budget formulation
- Participates in strategic discussions with university leadership on IT driven/enabled aspects of the academic plan
- Oversees infrastructure and systems planning and integration
- Provides continuous focus on Cybersecurity
- Oversees Database administration
- Administers data management (Warehousing, Integrity, and Security)
- Oversees server system and network specifications and implementation
- Directs and assists IT personnel in their support capacities
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer information systems or a related field; Master's preferred.
- Experience with budgeting and higher education financing, developing business models, facilities planning, and business affairs desirable.
- Experience managing and leading fully compliant, organization-wide information technology systems and operations.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws governing employment matters.
- Effective supervisory capacities to manage administrative, professional and student staff.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to form productive internal and external collaborations and partnerships.
- Experience in a not-for-profit, Liberal Arts University setting preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all internal and external constituencies of the institution.
- Experience in computer-based fiscal planning and analysis.
- Must possess an open and collaborative style of leadership, which fosters teamwork, open communications, and positive interpersonal relations.
- High levels of energy, creativity, initiative, and innovation.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, managing, developing, and motivating professional and support staff.
- High competency in all aspects of information technology
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and an Anderson University Staff Application to:
Linda Clark, Administrative Assistant – Center for Innovation
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications by email may be sent to email@example.com . Electronic submissions are preferred.