Anderson University’s Human Resources invites applications for a full-time position as Coordinator of Human Resources. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should be prepared to:
- Administer, monitor and communicate employee benefits (Health, Life, and disability, AD&D, Dread Disease, Flex Spending Accounts and Annuity Plan).
- Reconciles benefit enrollments to Plan Administrator and financial systems software.
- Establish and maintain personnel and payroll records in both hard copy and computer database.
- Prepare payroll and benefit changes for hourly and salary payrolls and input in financial software system. Initiate scheduled payroll and benefit deductions.
- Maintain employee database by reviewing forms, monitor accuracy of data, preparation of letters and send periodic mailings.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of individual plan information memos as plans are revised.
- Serves as backup for administering leave program consisting of annual, personal and other leave categories by maintaining accurate records for employees, respond to inquiries and interpret policy.
- Facilitates SC Continuation of Insurance Coverage with eligible existing employees.
- Perform Benefit exits for terminating employees.
- Calculation of benefits based on compensation, adherence to timeframe for premium rate changes and enrollment or termination of benefits during Open Enrollment, salary increases and new faculty contracts as well as employee status changes and explanation of benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in office environment with training or certificate in human resource functions.
- Three - five years' progressively responsible administrative support in academic Office environment are essential.
- Proficiency in computer based programs (Microsoft word processing, excel spreadsheets), able to generate spreadsheets, forms and reports.
- Person should be detailed oriented, able to multitask while meeting specified deadlines.
- Ability to operate copier, fax machine and calculator.
For more information go to www.andersonuniversity.edu/hr/jobs
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and an Anderson University Staff Application to:
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications by email may be sent to email@example.com Electronic submissions are preferred.