Anderson University and the Office of Traditional Admission invite applications for a full time position as Admission Counselor/Recruiter. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The university seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The Admission Counselor/Recruiter position reports to Director of Admission. The Counselor/Recruiter will serve prospective students and families that are interested in applying for admission, with the goal of providing personalized support from prospective students and parents, continually identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Develops a professional relationship with each assigned student applicant from the point of interest through enrollment.
- Daily monitors incomplete inquiries, applications, and commitment documents (transcripts, application fee, test scores, etc.).
- Introduces prospective students and families to the Financial Aid process; steps to completing the FAFSA and other documents needed for considerations for Federal aid, South Carolina state aid and Institutional grants and scholarships.
- Provides admitted students with clear next steps to enrollment.
- Travels 15-18 weeks per year.
- Maintains consistent weekly call goals until enrollment process is complete.
- Maintains yearly recruitment goals.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required or commensurate experience working with traditional transfer students.
- Strong customer service experience and a demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement is required.
- Recruiting/sales experience is preferred with the ability to be able to relate the college experience and the benefits of a college education to prospective students.
- Working knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet and Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Experience with database software is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional organizational and time management skills with keen attention to detail is required.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to connect, motivate, and inspire people is essential. Demonstrated ability to work well within a team is required.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and a completed Anderson University Staff Application to:
Jobs in Admission
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications by email may be sent to email@example.com. Electronic submissions are preferred.