Anderson University and the Office of Traditional Admission invite applications for a full-time position as Guest Relations & Student Ambassador Advisor. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The university seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The key role of the Office of Traditional Admission is to market the University’s academic programs to prospective students from public and private high schools, two-year technical colleges, adult education or career service programs, other colleges and universities, and churches through presentations, personal visits, telephone and e-mail communications and mailings.
- Assist with vision casting for creating the best visit experience for our prospective students.
- Assist during major events, serving as a point person for all student workers.
- Work closely with Aramark and all admission food arrangements and menu.
- Work diligently to execute all special requests made by prospective students in order to meet and exceed expectations.
- Work closely with all academic deans, coaches and key influencers to insure positive relations between the admission office and other departments.
- Coordinate admission recruiting efforts with all external organizations, including but not limited to HOBY, NCFCA, Boys State and CKM Crossroads Camp.
- Coordinate all logistics for off-campus events including, but not limited to, speaking engagements and high school events.
- Help to create consistency with all Anderson Events.
- Travel expectation: 4-5 weeks.
Student Ambassador Advisor
- Recruit and hire student leaders for the office of admission.
- Coordinate student leader training in the Fall and Spring.
- Serve as the point of contact for student workers
- Serve as the point of contact for student requests from other departments (Ex.Students needed to assist Christian ministry events/tours, students needed to assist in marketing efforts, Gala Event).
- Create student initiatives to help build relationships between current and prospective students.
- Interview and hire student hosts for admission events.
- Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Members of the team should be committed to a strong Christian value system and lifestyle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well within a team, and good organizational skills are required.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to connect, motivate, and inspire people are essential.
- Recruiting/sales ability and continued development of that is extremely important.
To ensure full consideration, please submit a letter of application, resume, contact information for three professional references and a completed Anderson University Staff application electronically via: