Anderson University’s Office of Information Technology invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month position as a Microsoft System Administrator. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The University seeks a candidate with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The primary responsibility of the Microsoft System Administrator will be to manage and enhance the Universities Microsoft 365 environment as well as it’s on premise Active Directory and Windows Server deployments. As a member of the IT operations team this position will contribute to the improvement and enhancement of IT Systems to increase reliability and performance.
- Maintain and support Microsoft Azure, Office 365, SSO, Exchange and Sharepoint Online.
- Monitor and support account synchronization between on premise Active Directory and Office 365.
- Office 365 licensing management
- Identity management and federated authentication for SSO
- Configure, maintain and research the O365 product offerings
- Installation, configuration, upgrading, and monitoring of entire server environment both physical and virtualized.
- Group policy design, management, and troubleshooting.
- AD account creation and maintenance.
- Backup and disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Experience administering Windows Server 2012/2016 and Windows 10 Enterprise environments.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, NTFS permissions and shares, SSL certificates, IIS, DNS and DCHP.
- Experience with WSUS / SCCM for application patching.
- Knowledge of Hyper-V or VMware virtualization software
- Experience utilizing PowerShell scripts for AD and Windows Administration
- Experience with Shibboleth/SSO (SAML 2.0)
- Strong oral and written skills, and the ability to communicate information to large and small groups of people.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Requires at least three years of experience in Microsoft Active Directory and O365 administration
- Requires a four year degree in a computer science related field
- Additional skills/certifications/experiences in Microsoft 365 applications are a plus.
- The Microsoft System Administrator will report directly to and work closely with the Chief Information Officer.
Regular Work Hours
- Normal work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Must be available to respond to outages either before, during, or after work hours in order to prevent class and business impacts to the University.
- Must be available to perform maintenance off hours to avoid disruptions to workflow of University offices and classes.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit letter of application, resume, names and telephone numbers of three professional references and a completed Anderson University Staff application electronically to:
Chief information Officer