Anderson University invites applications for the position of Office Assistant-Part-Time in Campus Facilities. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The University seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The Office Assistant provides support for the Facilities office in the areas of recordkeeping, accounts payable, data entry, data analysis, filing and customer service.
- Evaluates programs for improvement of daily work flow and communication with professional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Operates Facilities internal accounts payable processes including invoice processing, CIP management, contractor requirements, purchase requisitions, and vendor relations.
- Provides support in the areas of Facilities payroll management, accounting and other operational systems (CMMS systems, Energy Management System, Utility Management systems, Payroll System, Access Control, etc.) as required.
- Generates reports from Facilities operation systems.
- Provides support of Facilities internal and external communications including answering phone calls, email correspondences, scheduling of meetings and other events as required.
- Ensures the office maintains appropriate level of supplies to operate efficiently.
- Communicates with contractors in accordance to contractor policies.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Associates Degree in area of Office Management or related field with 2 years of experience or high school diploma with 5 years’ experience in related field.
- Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites with emphasis on word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service, organizational ability, and time management skills with keen attention to detail is required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of data collection, entry and analysis; filing; and basic accounting. Operation of basic office equipment (copier, fax, scanners) is required.
- Proficiency in the areas of report & document preparation, accounts payable, records management, meeting & event planning, inventory management, Facilities Operational Systems (CMMS systems, Energy Management System, Utility Management systems, Payroll System, Access Control, etc.).
- Must maintain knowledge of policies & procedures as it relates to office management.
- Ability to diffuse conflict effectively and solve problems quickly.
- Must possess a valid SC driver’s license.
For consideration, send electronic copies of letter of application, resume, completed staff application and contact information of three references to: