Anderson University’s Campus Safety office invites applications for a part-time position as Campus Safety Officer. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The university seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
Candidates should be prepared to insure the security of the campus and make periodic security rounds of buildings and grounds on foot and in vehicles, enforce parking regulations, respond to emergency situations, maintain detailed and confidential duty log entries and file necessary reports and provide directions and assistance to students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Acquire and maintain a general knowledge of computers and programs used by the department.
- Acquire and maintain basic knowledge and certification required to be certified by SLED as a security officer.
- Possess good verbal and communications skills.
- Courtesy is a must.
- Ability to comprehend written and verbal instructions.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of the keyed security and the fire safety systems on campus.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and a completed Anderson University Staff Application electronically to Gail Tollison, Office Manager, Facilities & Campus Safety via: