Anderson University’s Financial Services invites applications for a full-time position as Operations Specialist. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The University seeks applicants with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The Operations Specialist will perform data collection and numerous support functions for the Office of Financial Services. The Specialist will assist with the everyday operations of the office ensuring top quality service to all students who seek assistance from the Office of Financial Services.
- Responsible for file processing and verification focusing on the adult and graduate population. Responsible for intake and follow-up with students and parents on items needed and/or incomplete.
- Assists adult and graduate students with completion of the application and other required documents and promotes excellent customer service by assisting Enrollment Counselors, Journey Coaches and others with various needs.
- Assists with import and conversion of electronic records, data integration and review of all import selection sets.
- Assists with updating registered/confirmed hours and anticipated aid and disbursements from PowerFaids.
- Assists with communication > letters, emails, documents and creation and output of tracking and award notices.
- Assists with reconcilliation, reporting to COD and the R2T4 process to ensure timely calculations and return of funds.
- Assists with processing records for veteran enrollment certification, attendance, academic changes and termination.
- Assists with tuition exchange, employee waiver, study abroad and graduate waiver applications.
- Other projects as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or two years financial aid related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations and general business publications.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from students and parents, regulatory agencies, and various members of the campus and business community.
- Basic mathematical skills include: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to perform these operations using units of American currency, weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Understanding of financial aid regulations.
- Ability to work on multiple software systems such as PowerFAIDS, Power Campus, Department of Education systems, and Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Word).
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and a completed Anderson University Staff Application to: