Anderson University and the Center for Career Development invite applications for a part-time position as Student Employment Coordinator. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The university seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The Student Employment Coordinator works closely with the Director of the Center for Career Development (CCD) to enhance the student employment model at Anderson University. The Student Employment Coordinator oversees a comprehensive array of student-centered services. This position focuses on all aspects of the career development process, as it relates to campus student employment. This position collaborates with HR, Business Office, Financial Services, and supervisors to implement and maintain student employment efforts in such a way that supports career and professional development of Anderson University students.
- Collaborate with various departments, including HR, Business Office, Financial Services, and supervisors to support campus student employment.
- Develop student employment policies and procedures, handbooks, guidelines, and checklists.
- Coordinate and facilitate orientations and trainings for supervisors and students.
- Utilize Handshake to manage and promote student employment.
- Evaluate student employee timesheets.
- Will frequently collaborate with and provide regular updates to the Director of CCD, Operations Coordinator of Financial Services, Human Resource and Business Office.
- Create and update forms and all marketing consistent with AU branding.
- Create tiered pay scales for student employees.
- Maintain student employment email account and website, including posting student employment process and forms.
- Promote student employment positions on campus through Handshake and other means such as social media.
- Remain current on recent federal and state regulations as well as labor law updates.
- Create renewal contracts for returning student employees and initial contracts for new student employees.
- Support the Director of CCD in maintaining data and publishing reports for Anderson University.
- Represent Anderson University in professional organizations and meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with some professional experience preferred.
- Exceptional working knowledge of word-processing and spreadsheet software is essential; Microsoft Office Suite programs and database software is preferred. Knowledge of the use of social media such as Linked In for job search, networking, and career development is expected.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships externally and internally; must be capable of working with diverse groups of faculty and staff.
- Organizational and time management skills are a must; individual must exercise excellent short and long term planning skills.
- An understanding of best practices and Federal Labor Laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive job-related information including student information.
- Ability to work as a part of a team is essential.
- Ability to create a warm and welcoming office atmosphere.
- A strong commitment to quality relationships, warmth, excellence, and Christ-like service is essential; must have a mature Christian faith.
- Commitment to the academic and Christ-focused mission of Anderson University is essential.
- Must be able to work with a diverse student population and demonstrate a commitment to the holistic development of students.
- Participate, as requested, in special campus programs such as orientation, open houses, etc.
- Meet periodically with Student Development staff and other campus offices.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and a completed Anderson University Staff Application (found at: https://www.andersonuniversity.edu/hr/apply ) electronically to: