The study of the human body in motion, kinesiology is the basis of many athletic and movement careers. With a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology with a concentration in exercise specialist, you can begin your career as a personal trainer and help others find the right exercise regimens to achieve their wellness goals.
• Smaller class sizes: 100- and 200- level courses limited to 30 students; some 300- and 400-level classes have as few as six to ten students.
• Supportive Christian environment
• Professors with more than 20 years of experience and first-hand knowledge of what is needed for success in kinesiology and personal training
• Hands-on experience with state-of-the-art labs and equipment
Your study at AU will prepare you to handle many roles in the wellness field. Your exercise specialist concentration will include coursework in sports and exercise psychology, advanced nutrition, strength and conditioning, exercise diagnosis and prescription, as well as a practicum placement in nearby strength and conditioning departments or corporate wellness positions. You’ll graduate with hours of hands-on experience that will help you secure a job upon graduation.
As a kinesiology major, you’ll be equipped for positions such as these:
• Corporate Wellness Coordinator $60,457*
• Sports Performance Specialist $53,238
• Personal Trainer $51,887
• Senior Center Activities Director $51,039
• Cardiac rehabilitation specialist $57,267
• Clinic manager $86,764
*Source: Economic Research Institute